The New Mexico Racing Commission denied a settlement proposal from an attorney representing trainer Steve Asmussen, who is battling a six-month suspension after one of his horses tested positive for a prohibited Class 3 drug in March.
The New Mexico Racing Commission is expected to make a final decision within 60 days on awarding a license for racetrack and casino in Hobbs near the Texas border.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup