Broodmare prospect is the highest-priced horse sold so far at the Kentucky winter mixed sale.
Sale company officials hopeful the market has stabilized after big downturns in 2009.
Darley Stable's homebred Criticism, winner of consecutive graded stakes and a half-length from being undefeated since coming to the United States, tops a field of eight fillies and mares in the $150,000 Orchid Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 22 on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Flying Zee Stable's homebred I Lost My Choo came flying down the stretch and ran down longtime leader Julia Tuttle in the final strides to take the $200,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) in thrilling fashion July 19 on the Colonial Downs turf.
Flying Zee Stable's homebred I Lost My Choo seeks her fifth victory of the year and the first graded stakes triumph of her young career, as she takes on nine 3-year-old fillies in the $200,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) July 19 on the Colonial Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II