Broodmare prospect is the highest-priced horse sold so far at the Kentucky winter mixed sale.
Sale company officials hopeful the market has stabilized after big downturns in 2009.
Darley Stable's homebred Criticism, winner of consecutive graded stakes and a half-length from being undefeated since coming to the United States, tops a field of eight fillies and mares in the $150,000 Orchid Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 22 on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Flying Zee Stable's homebred I Lost My Choo came flying down the stretch and ran down longtime leader Julia Tuttle in the final strides to take the $200,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) in thrilling fashion July 19 on the Colonial Downs turf.
Flying Zee Stable's homebred I Lost My Choo seeks her fifth victory of the year and the first graded stakes triumph of her young career, as she takes on nine 3-year-old fillies in the $200,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) July 19 on the Colonial Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates