The findings from the Unwanted Horse Coalition's "Study on Contributing Factors Surrounding the Unwanted Horse Issue" are now available at www.unwantedhorsecoalition.org. According to the organization, the study is the first of its kind to assess the causes and magnitude of the unwanted horse population in the United States.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is seeking more facilities that accept, place, or use horses to list themselves on the UHC Web site. Currently, more than 200 facilities are listed.
The American Horse Council has announced that Julia Andersen will serve as the director of the Unwanted Horse Coalition, which falls under the AHC umbrella.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water, Hay, and Oats Alliance
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- ADW Company AmWest Joins NTRA
- BH 100: Commemorates