The findings from the Unwanted Horse Coalition's "Study on Contributing Factors Surrounding the Unwanted Horse Issue" are now available at www.unwantedhorsecoalition.org. According to the organization, the study is the first of its kind to assess the causes and magnitude of the unwanted horse population in the United States.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is seeking more facilities that accept, place, or use horses to list themselves on the UHC Web site. Currently, more than 200 facilities are listed.
The American Horse Council has announced that Julia Andersen will serve as the director of the Unwanted Horse Coalition, which falls under the AHC umbrella.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile