The findings from the Unwanted Horse Coalition's "Study on Contributing Factors Surrounding the Unwanted Horse Issue" are now available at www.unwantedhorsecoalition.org. According to the organization, the study is the first of its kind to assess the causes and magnitude of the unwanted horse population in the United States.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is seeking more facilities that accept, place, or use horses to list themselves on the UHC Web site. Currently, more than 200 facilities are listed.
The American Horse Council has announced that Julia Andersen will serve as the director of the Unwanted Horse Coalition, which falls under the AHC umbrella.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet