The findings from the Unwanted Horse Coalition's "Study on Contributing Factors Surrounding the Unwanted Horse Issue" are now available at www.unwantedhorsecoalition.org. According to the organization, the study is the first of its kind to assess the causes and magnitude of the unwanted horse population in the United States.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is seeking more facilities that accept, place, or use horses to list themselves on the UHC Web site. Currently, more than 200 facilities are listed.
The American Horse Council has announced that Julia Andersen will serve as the director of the Unwanted Horse Coalition, which falls under the AHC umbrella.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner