A Kentucky state judge ordered April 8 that a lien placed on the purse winnings from Einstein's victory in the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) be released, and directed the funds be given to a court-appointed receiver overseeing the financial affairs of Midnight Cry Stable, which is operated by recently-convicted disbarred attorneys Shirley Cunningham Jr. and William Gallion.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85