The current but clouded ownership of 2007 Horse of the Year Curlin remained unchanged following a hearing in a Kentucky state court Jan. 22, with a judge overruling a motion for foreclosure on the minority interest owned by jailed attorneys Shirley Cunningham Jr. and William Gallion.
A judge has denied a request by the Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association for a temporary injunction to delay implementation of a new equine medication policy in Kentucky, but he made an exception for veterinarians.
The Circuit Court in Franklin, Ky., has affirmed a Kentucky Racing Commission decision not to grant a license to Southern Bluegrass Racing, which wants to build a Quarter Horse track in the southeast portion of the state near the Tennessee border.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run