The current but clouded ownership of 2007 Horse of the Year Curlin remained unchanged following a hearing in a Kentucky state court Jan. 22, with a judge overruling a motion for foreclosure on the minority interest owned by jailed attorneys Shirley Cunningham Jr. and William Gallion.
A judge has denied a request by the Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association for a temporary injunction to delay implementation of a new equine medication policy in Kentucky, but he made an exception for veterinarians.
The Circuit Court in Franklin, Ky., has affirmed a Kentucky Racing Commission decision not to grant a license to Southern Bluegrass Racing, which wants to build a Quarter Horse track in the southeast portion of the state near the Tennessee border.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby