The current but clouded ownership of 2007 Horse of the Year Curlin remained unchanged following a hearing in a Kentucky state court Jan. 22, with a judge overruling a motion for foreclosure on the minority interest owned by jailed attorneys Shirley Cunningham Jr. and William Gallion.
A judge has denied a request by the Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association for a temporary injunction to delay implementation of a new equine medication policy in Kentucky, but he made an exception for veterinarians.
The Circuit Court in Franklin, Ky., has affirmed a Kentucky Racing Commission decision not to grant a license to Southern Bluegrass Racing, which wants to build a Quarter Horse track in the southeast portion of the state near the Tennessee border.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale