The current but clouded ownership of 2007 Horse of the Year Curlin remained unchanged following a hearing in a Kentucky state court Jan. 22, with a judge overruling a motion for foreclosure on the minority interest owned by jailed attorneys Shirley Cunningham Jr. and William Gallion.
A judge has denied a request by the Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association for a temporary injunction to delay implementation of a new equine medication policy in Kentucky, but he made an exception for veterinarians.
The Circuit Court in Franklin, Ky., has affirmed a Kentucky Racing Commission decision not to grant a license to Southern Bluegrass Racing, which wants to build a Quarter Horse track in the southeast portion of the state near the Tennessee border.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5