New Mexico's hopes for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1)—for now, at least—appear to run through Judge Lanier Racing's Conquest Mo Money.
The Downs at Albuquerque recorded increases in handle and purses during its Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse spring meet at the New Mexico track, which ended June 18.
Concluding its 10th season, Zia Park reported record all-sources handle of $536,316 for the 56-day meeting that ended Dec. 2.
McKenna's Justice, a 17-1 longshot, rallied in the stretch to catch Red Lead at the wire for a nose victory in the $217,000 Zia Park Distance Championship at Zia Park in New Mexico Dec. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees