Conquest Mo Money, an Uncle Mo colt who was purchased for just $8,500, will look to become just the third locally trained horse to win the Sunland Derby (G3).
New Mexico's hopes for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1)—for now, at least—appear to run through Judge Lanier Racing's Conquest Mo Money.
The Downs at Albuquerque recorded increases in handle and purses during its Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse spring meet at the New Mexico track, which ended June 18.
Concluding its 10th season, Zia Park reported record all-sources handle of $536,316 for the 56-day meeting that ended Dec. 2.
McKenna's Justice, a 17-1 longshot, rallied in the stretch to catch Red Lead at the wire for a nose victory in the $217,000 Zia Park Distance Championship at Zia Park in New Mexico Dec. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired