Got Lucky was just that Oct. 4 at Keeneland, finding running room from far back and closing past champion Untapable and longshot Yahilwa in the final furlong to win the the $500,000 Juddmonte Spinster (gr. I).
In a rare matchup of Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winners, Winchell Thoroughbreds' Untapable and Brereton Jones' Lovely Maria were entered Thursday as part of a field of nine fillies and mares for the 60th Spinster.
Those hoping to see Hronis Racing's Stellar Wind back in action on Santa Anita Park's jam-packed opening day Sept. 26 will likely only have to wait a week to watch the 3-year-old daughter of Curlin run.
Juddmonte Spinster Stakes (gr. I) winner Don't Tell Sophia will prepare at Keeneland for her planned start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Emollient will face her elders as one of 11 entered for the $500,000 Juddmonte Spinster Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 6 at Keeneland. Others include grade I winners On Fire Baby and Byrama, and grade II winner Summer Applause.
Favored In Lingerie scored her first grade I victory when she took the $500,000 Juddmonte Spinster Stakes by two lengths Oct. 6 at Keeneland in Central Kentucky.
Shug McGaughey, Bill Mott, and Todd Pletcher, who have won three of the last four editions of the $500,000 Juddmonte Spinster (gr. I), are back again with multiple contenders in the prestigious race Oct. 9 at Keeneland.
When Keeneland kicks off its fall meeting Oct. 7, it will mark the richest meeting ever for the Central Kentucky track with 19 stakes worth $5,075,000 on the schedule. The 17-day meet concludes Oct. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever