Potomac River unleashed a torrid outside rally down the Fair Grounds stretch and struck for a thrilling nose decision over Skyring in the $150,000 Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. IIIT) on turf Feb. 22.
A patient ride from jockey Juan Vargas and a grinding late run brought Potomac River to the winner's circle at the end of the 1 1/8-mile turf event Nov. 23 at Churchill Downs, trainer Sergio Baez's first graded stakes score.
Bobby Rankin's Funnys Approval proved she's no laughing matter on off tracks with a solid front-running upset in the $250,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park Feb. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen