Potomac River unleashed a torrid outside rally down the Fair Grounds stretch and struck for a thrilling nose decision over Skyring in the $150,000 Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. IIIT) on turf Feb. 22.
A patient ride from jockey Juan Vargas and a grinding late run brought Potomac River to the winner's circle at the end of the 1 1/8-mile turf event Nov. 23 at Churchill Downs, trainer Sergio Baez's first graded stakes score.
Bobby Rankin's Funnys Approval proved she's no laughing matter on off tracks with a solid front-running upset in the $250,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park Feb. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory