Potomac River unleashed a torrid outside rally down the Fair Grounds stretch and struck for a thrilling nose decision over Skyring in the $150,000 Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. IIIT) on turf Feb. 22.
A patient ride from jockey Juan Vargas and a grinding late run brought Potomac River to the winner's circle at the end of the 1 1/8-mile turf event Nov. 23 at Churchill Downs, trainer Sergio Baez's first graded stakes score.
Bobby Rankin's Funnys Approval proved she's no laughing matter on off tracks with a solid front-running upset in the $250,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park Feb. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program