Jockey Luis Saez continued his recent hot streak at Gulfstream Park by riding five winners on the Jan. 4 card.
Indiana Grand Racing & Casino recently completed its 120-program meet, which included Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing, with final numbers showing an increase in daily simulcast handle as well as total on-track wagering.
Improving race safety will be at the forefront of discussions when the Jockeys' Guild Assembly returns to Hollywood, Fla., Jan. 19-20, 2015. The assembly is taking place following the Eclipse Award ceremonies.
The Jockeys' Guild has partnered with the Race Track Chaplaincy of America (RTCA) to establish an account for funds for the family of apprentice jockey Juan Saez.
Racing stewards in Indiana have found no riding infractions in the Oct. 14 spill in a race at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino in which apprentice jockey Juan Saez died.
Apprentice jockey Juan Saez, 17, died the night of Oct. 14 due to severe injuries sustained in a spill during the eighth race at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino.
Apprentice jockey Juan Saez, younger brother of Luis Saez, posted his first North American win when he scored with Miesque Amour in the opening race of the "Downs After Dark" program June 20 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Force the Pass Heads Fort Marcy
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'