Breeder-owner of Derby hopeful Decisive Moment has Venezuelan roots; Canonero II made youthful impression
Arkansas Derby (gr. I) winner Archarcharch blitzed through his final Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) work on Friday, April 29 at Churchill Downs.
Stay Thirsty and Decisive Moment, 3-year-old colts pointed toward the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), turned in strong workouts at Churchill Downs April 17 in their first efforts of the spring over the track.
After finishing second to Gourmet Dinner in the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III), Decisive Moment returned to Louisiana to score a resounding victory in the $250,000 Jean Lafitte Stakes on Jan. 14.
Freshmen sires Medaglia d'Oro and Mr. Livingston, both by El Prado, were represented by their respective first winners when Richard Rowan's Renda and Theresa and David Palmer and Merritt Racing's D. C.'s Legacy won at Calder Race Course May 31.
Classic Contenders' Puck, winner of the Long Branch Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) in his last start, had his final serious drill for the Aug. 4 Haskell Invitational (gr. I) Thursday morning at Monmouth Park when he worked six furlongs in 1:13 with Juan Arias aboard.
Most Popular Stories
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil