Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Always Kitten, winner of the Happy Ticket Stakes at a mile at Louisiana Downs in her most recent start, headlines a field of 13 entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine (gr. IIIT).
A federal bankruptcy judge in Lexington on Aug. 19 approved motions that will permit the sale in November of 63 horses owned by Richard and Audrey Haisfield's Stonewall Farm and Stonewall Stallions.
The issue of turning over stallion certificates has led Stonewall Farm to sue Fifth Third Bank, JPMorgan Chase Bank, and Bluewater Sales in bankruptcy court in Lexington.
Thoroughbred breeder Audrey Haisfield, Stonewall Farm Stallions, and related entities have been sued by a bank for more than $7 million in outstanding loans, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader.
JPMorgan Chase has signed on as the signature sponsor of Keeneland's Jessamine Stakes beginning with the race Oct. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Xpressbet Unveils Financial Stimulus Package
- Tattersalls Ireland 2017 Sales Dates