E. Paul Robsham Stables, which bred and raced grade I stakes winners such as Awesome Maria and R Heat Lightning, will completely disperse its breeding stock at Keeneland's 2013 November sale.
Joyce Robsham's homebred Awesome Maria, a New York grade I winner, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after her last race, the Delaware Handicap (gr. II) July 21, in which she finished third.
Joyce Robsham saw homebreds R Heat Lightning, Awesome Maria, and Travelin Man all win graded stakes at Gulfstream the weekend of April 2-3. Read Blog
Odds-on choice Awesome Maria scored her second straight dominating win at Gulfstream Park this season in the $150,000 Rampart Stakes (gr. III) April 2, spoiling the 2011 debut for Unrivaled Belle.
Discreetly Mine, one of the nation's top 3-year-old sprinters who led all the way in the King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga this year, will enter stud in 2011 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Discreetly Mine, who developed into one of the nation's top sprinters this summer before being injured, has been retired from racing according to E. Paul Robsham Stables' racing manager Anna Hall.
With a newfound career sprinting following a 13th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), Discreetly Mine notched his second graded stakes win in a row with an easy win in the Aug. 2 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II) at the Spa.
Discreetly Mine, Mission Impazible both work in 1:00 1/5 for five furlongs in the slop at Churchill Downs one week before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm