E. Paul Robsham Stables, which bred and raced grade I stakes winners such as Awesome Maria and R Heat Lightning, will completely disperse its breeding stock at Keeneland's 2013 November sale.
Joyce Robsham's homebred Awesome Maria, a New York grade I winner, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after her last race, the Delaware Handicap (gr. II) July 21, in which she finished third.
Joyce Robsham saw homebreds R Heat Lightning, Awesome Maria, and Travelin Man all win graded stakes at Gulfstream the weekend of April 2-3. Read Blog
Odds-on choice Awesome Maria scored her second straight dominating win at Gulfstream Park this season in the $150,000 Rampart Stakes (gr. III) April 2, spoiling the 2011 debut for Unrivaled Belle.
Discreetly Mine, one of the nation's top 3-year-old sprinters who led all the way in the King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga this year, will enter stud in 2011 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Discreetly Mine, who developed into one of the nation's top sprinters this summer before being injured, has been retired from racing according to E. Paul Robsham Stables' racing manager Anna Hall.
With a newfound career sprinting following a 13th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), Discreetly Mine notched his second graded stakes win in a row with an easy win in the Aug. 2 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II) at the Spa.
Discreetly Mine, Mission Impazible both work in 1:00 1/5 for five furlongs in the slop at Churchill Downs one week before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Average, Median Rise at Inglis Yearling Sale
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- TOBA to Present Pedigree, Conformation Clinic
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout