Jockey Joy Scott is in satisfactory condition March 29 following surgery a day earlier at Huntington Memorial Hospital to repair a compound fracture of her right femur, according to her son, Jesse Sanchez.
The Southern California racing industry is rallying around Joy Scott, a local jockey who was injured March 12 in a training accident at Santa Anita Park. A fund has been set up to help her with medical expenses.
A bill that would increase riding fees for California jockeys and tie future hikes to the state's minimum wage law cleared the Assembly Governmental Organization Committee April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Research Produces Cobalt Test Recommendation
- Lemon Drop Dream Takes on Seven in Phoenix
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Renovations Noted at 'Gulfstream Park West'