Two Internet poker bills have been introduced in the California Legislature for consideration this year, but neither includes the racing industry on the short list of entities eligible for licensing.
The framework for a Southern California racing calendar over the next two years with the impending closure of Betfair Hollywood Park was approved by the California Horse Racing Board May 23.
All bets are off this year on California legislation that would have allowed racetracks and simulcast locations to take wagers on professional and collegiate sporting events.
Cantor Gaming and a California horse racing industry coalition announced July 27 that they are teaming up to provide an intrastate Internet poker platform pending state legislative approval of such gaming.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and TVG have announced a simulcast and ontrack broadcast partnership that will begin with the start of racing at Del Mar July 18.
Mobile phone technology is becoming an increasingly important asset for horse racing as more applications are developed for customers who want to gather data and wager with greater convenience.
TVG, America's Horseracing Network, will be the exclusive broadcast network of the 2011 Del Mar race meet, offering live, on-site coverage beginning opening day, Wednesday, July 20.
Josh Rubinstein has been named the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's vice president for development, it was announced April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer