Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s homebred Any Limit pulled away from her rivals mid-stretch to post her first graded stakes win in the First Lady Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Passing Shot and jockey Jose Santos rode the rail to a 2 1/4-length victory in the $156,900 Bed o'Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III), a one-turn mile for fillies and mares at Aqueduct Saturday.
Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s homebred Puzzlement wore down stablemate Bowman's Band in deep stretch to win the $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) by a neck, giving trainer H. Allen Jerkens his third win on opening day at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Hall of Fame trainer H. Allen Jerkens posted another of his legendary upsets at Saratoga Race Course when his unheralded allowance runner Passing Shot tagged multiple graded stakes winner Wild Spirit by a short nose at the wire of the $400,000 Personal Ensign Handicap (gr. I) Friday.
Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s Puzzlement squeezed through a hole on the rail with jockey Jorge Chavez and went on to post a surprise victory over bridesmaid of the year Volponi in the $300,000 Saratoga Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s homebred House Party and jockey Jose Santos waited patiently for an opportunity in mid-stretch and squeezed through an opening to surprise 3-5 favorite Cyber Secret in the $200,000 Nassau County Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park Saturday.
Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s homebred House Party angled out in the stretch and circled her four rivals at the sixteenth pole, drawing off to a 1 1/2-length victory over favored Chimichurri in the $100,000 Old Hat Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Gulfstream Begins Apprentice Education Class
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings