Irish-bred Charm the Giant rallied from eighth with a furlong to run en route to a 1 1/2-length victory under jockey Michael Baze in the $111,500 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the grass as Hollywood Park opened its spring/summer meet on Wednesday.
After completing a sensational Fair Grounds meet March 25 by running away with the riding title, 17-year-old Joseph Talamo hopes to make a name for himself on the top New York circuit.
Fair Grounds Race Course concluded its 135th season of racing March 25 with a record purse distribution as well as increases in average daily all-source and on-track wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field