Irish-bred Charm the Giant rallied from eighth with a furlong to run en route to a 1 1/2-length victory under jockey Michael Baze in the $111,500 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the grass as Hollywood Park opened its spring/summer meet on Wednesday.
After completing a sensational Fair Grounds meet March 25 by running away with the riding title, 17-year-old Joseph Talamo hopes to make a name for himself on the top New York circuit.
Fair Grounds Race Course concluded its 135th season of racing March 25 with a record purse distribution as well as increases in average daily all-source and on-track wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- Southern Honey Seeks Repeat in Winning Colors
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park