Catholic Cowboy recovered from two lackluster efforts at Keeneland in the fall to grind out a victory in the $200,000 Claiming Crown Jewel Stakes Dec. 6 at Gulfstream Park, upsetting a group of 14 at odds of 17-1.
After producing a bullet workout at Palm Meadows the morning of March 22, Spot was added to the list of probables for the upcoming $1 million Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park.
The Besilu Stables Florida Derby remains a strong possibility for surprise Swales Stakes (gr. II) winner Spot, Hall of Fame trainer Nick Zito said March 19, with a decision likely following an upcoming workout.
In what has proved to be a robust season for 2-year-olds in training sales, buyers continued to demonstrate a willingness to spend on quality juvenile prospects during the final session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- IFHA Releases List of Top 100 Group I Races
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms