Catholic Cowboy recovered from two lackluster efforts at Keeneland in the fall to grind out a victory in the $200,000 Claiming Crown Jewel Stakes Dec. 6 at Gulfstream Park, upsetting a group of 14 at odds of 17-1.
After producing a bullet workout at Palm Meadows the morning of March 22, Spot was added to the list of probables for the upcoming $1 million Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park.
The Besilu Stables Florida Derby remains a strong possibility for surprise Swales Stakes (gr. II) winner Spot, Hall of Fame trainer Nick Zito said March 19, with a decision likely following an upcoming workout.
In what has proved to be a robust season for 2-year-olds in training sales, buyers continued to demonstrate a willingness to spend on quality juvenile prospects during the final session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup