Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. was denied attempts by his lawyer to challenge two accusations by New York racing regulators and should get a new hearing before a board of stewards, according to new legal documents filed in the case.
Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
New York stewards have suspended trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. for 90 days for a positive drug sample in a winning horse from a race at Aqueduct last fall and for possession of hypodermic needles in his barn.
Racetracks in New York state are being told they might have to shut down June 15 if a budget stalemate at the state Capitol is not resolved.
New York's top racing regulator has been tapped to head a quasi-government panel that distributes over $60 million a year in various Thoroughbred breeding and other awards.
State regulators in New York have begun an investigation into undernourished mares that were given away by Thoroughbred owner and breeder Ernie Paragallo.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies