Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. was denied attempts by his lawyer to challenge two accusations by New York racing regulators and should get a new hearing before a board of stewards, according to new legal documents filed in the case.
Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
New York stewards have suspended trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. for 90 days for a positive drug sample in a winning horse from a race at Aqueduct last fall and for possession of hypodermic needles in his barn.
Racetracks in New York state are being told they might have to shut down June 15 if a budget stalemate at the state Capitol is not resolved.
New York's top racing regulator has been tapped to head a quasi-government panel that distributes over $60 million a year in various Thoroughbred breeding and other awards.
State regulators in New York have begun an investigation into undernourished mares that were given away by Thoroughbred owner and breeder Ernie Paragallo.
Most Popular Stories
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes