California trainer Frank Monteleone has reached settlement with two clients that a district judge in Nevada found Monteleone had defrauded in the purchase and training of two European horses. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Regulations that keep a trainer from defrauding an owner are not important enough to be enforced...
California trainer Frank Monteleone and assistant trainer Linda Mikus have been found liable for compensatory and punitive damages plus interest totaling $635,000 as the result of a civil suit brought against them by two horse owners who were clients of Monteleone's.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic