California trainer Frank Monteleone has reached settlement with two clients that a district judge in Nevada found Monteleone had defrauded in the purchase and training of two European horses. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Regulations that keep a trainer from defrauding an owner are not important enough to be enforced...
California trainer Frank Monteleone and assistant trainer Linda Mikus have been found liable for compensatory and punitive damages plus interest totaling $635,000 as the result of a civil suit brought against them by two horse owners who were clients of Monteleone's.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March