California trainer Frank Monteleone has reached settlement with two clients that a district judge in Nevada found Monteleone had defrauded in the purchase and training of two European horses. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Regulations that keep a trainer from defrauding an owner are not important enough to be enforced...
California trainer Frank Monteleone and assistant trainer Linda Mikus have been found liable for compensatory and punitive damages plus interest totaling $635,000 as the result of a civil suit brought against them by two horse owners who were clients of Monteleone's.
Most Popular Stories
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Marketer Voluntarily Recalls Equine Gastric Ulcer Product
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund