California trainer Frank Monteleone has reached settlement with two clients that a district judge in Nevada found Monteleone had defrauded in the purchase and training of two European horses. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Regulations that keep a trainer from defrauding an owner are not important enough to be enforced...
California trainer Frank Monteleone and assistant trainer Linda Mikus have been found liable for compensatory and punitive damages plus interest totaling $635,000 as the result of a civil suit brought against them by two horse owners who were clients of Monteleone's.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale