California trainer Frank Monteleone has reached settlement with two clients that a district judge in Nevada found Monteleone had defrauded in the purchase and training of two European horses. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Regulations that keep a trainer from defrauding an owner are not important enough to be enforced...
California trainer Frank Monteleone and assistant trainer Linda Mikus have been found liable for compensatory and punitive damages plus interest totaling $635,000 as the result of a civil suit brought against them by two horse owners who were clients of Monteleone's.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David