California trainer Frank Monteleone has reached settlement with two clients that a district judge in Nevada found Monteleone had defrauded in the purchase and training of two European horses. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Regulations that keep a trainer from defrauding an owner are not important enough to be enforced...
California trainer Frank Monteleone and assistant trainer Linda Mikus have been found liable for compensatory and punitive damages plus interest totaling $635,000 as the result of a civil suit brought against them by two horse owners who were clients of Monteleone's.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- Digging Deeper into BC Lasix Study
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Bill Strauss Elected to Serve on TOC Board