California trainer Frank Monteleone has reached settlement with two clients that a district judge in Nevada found Monteleone had defrauded in the purchase and training of two European horses. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Regulations that keep a trainer from defrauding an owner are not important enough to be enforced...
California trainer Frank Monteleone and assistant trainer Linda Mikus have been found liable for compensatory and punitive damages plus interest totaling $635,000 as the result of a civil suit brought against them by two horse owners who were clients of Monteleone's.
Most Popular Stories
- Full OBS March Sale to be Conducted Tuesday
- Haskin: 'Horseplayers' and Pioneer Days
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- CHRB Issues Advisory for Cobalt Monitoring
- Expanded State-Bred Incentives at Arlington
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand