Joseph Giogrio's Stormy Journey, a 3-year-old maiden making his debut in Belmont Park's fourth race Satuday, flipped in the tunnel before the race and became lodged between a retaining rail and the clubhouse wall. But a team of helpers headed by the New York Racing Association's Chief Examining Veterinarian Dr. Celeste Kunz extricated the colt.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Is Low-Dose Omeprazole Effective for Treating Ulcers?
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet