Joseph Fields Jr.'s homebred Any Limit turned the tables on her rival Game Face and won the Hurricane Bertie (gr. III) for the second time in three years, taking a short field of fillies and mares gate-to-wire in the $122,500 event Feb. 15 at Gulfstream Park.
Any Limit, winner of this year's Honorable Miss Handicap (gr.II) and First Flight Handicap (gr.II), will miss the Ballerina (gr.I) at Saratoga Aug. 24, because of a recurring injury.
Joseph V. Fields Jr.'s homebred mare Any Limit hit the winner's circle for the first time in nearly 17 months July 4 at Belmont, getting the early jump on six rivals, then holding off Wild Gams in a determined stretch drive to narrowly win the $150,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- A New Brand of Hero
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale