Following Royal Inheritance's impressive maiden win last month at Aqueduct Racetrack, owner Joseph Bulger decided it was an opportune time to sell the Regal Ransom filly who has been supplemented to the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Rebounding from an eighth-place finish in the Smile Sprint (gr. II), Newtown Anner Stud and Joseph Bulger's Falling Sky captured the $75,000 Trinniberg Stakes at Gulfstream Park Aug. 1.
Newtown Anner Stud and Joseph Bulger's Falling Sky won for the first time since the 2013 Sam F. Davis (gr. III), upsetting the Feb. 8 Gulfstream Park Sprint Stakes (gr. III) just over a year after his last triumph.
Trainer John Terranova confirmed April 21 that Falling Sky "is a go" for a start in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 4 at Churchill Downs.
Falling Sky, winner of the Feb. 2 Sam F. Davis Stakes (gr. III) at Tampa Bay Downs, was scratched from the Besilu Stables Fountain of Youth (gr. II) the morning of the race, as was maiden winner Sky Captain.
The sky was the limit Feb. 2 at Tampa Bay Downs, with Falling Sky and Dynamic Sky finishing 1-2 in the $202,500 Sam F. Davis Stakes (gr. III). Falling Sky, a 7-1 upsetter, survived an objection to get the job done.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Abel Tasman Gears Up for Kentucky Oaks Run
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch