Sweetnorthernsaint went to the front and was never threatened as the 10 cents on the dollar favorite in Saturday's $63,000 Harrison E. Johnson Memorial Handicap at muddy Laurel Park.
Sweetnorthernsaint returned to the races Thursday for the first time since his runner-up finish in last May's Preakness Stakes (gr. I), easily outstepping two rivals to win a seven-furlong optional allowance test on the main track.
Officer's offspring were in demand Tuesday during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall yearling sale at Timonium in Maryland.
Joseph Balsamo's stakes winner Weigelia showed his consistency again by taking the six-furlong $150,000 Jack Dudley Sprint during Calder's Florida Million.
Aaron and Marie Jones' Plenty of Light has been retired from racing with a record of five wins from seven races and earnings of $510,420. The 4-year-old daughter of Colony Light arrived at Taylor Made Farm near Nicholasville, Ky., about 10 days ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Kentucky Downs Plans KTDF Purse Increase