Sweetnorthernsaint went to the front and was never threatened as the 10 cents on the dollar favorite in Saturday's $63,000 Harrison E. Johnson Memorial Handicap at muddy Laurel Park.
Sweetnorthernsaint returned to the races Thursday for the first time since his runner-up finish in last May's Preakness Stakes (gr. I), easily outstepping two rivals to win a seven-furlong optional allowance test on the main track.
Officer's offspring were in demand Tuesday during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall yearling sale at Timonium in Maryland.
Joseph Balsamo's stakes winner Weigelia showed his consistency again by taking the six-furlong $150,000 Jack Dudley Sprint during Calder's Florida Million.
Aaron and Marie Jones' Plenty of Light has been retired from racing with a record of five wins from seven races and earnings of $510,420. The 4-year-old daughter of Colony Light arrived at Taylor Made Farm near Nicholasville, Ky., about 10 days ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe
- NTRA Safety Alliance Re-Accredits Aqueduct
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Concern, Tuscalee Inducted into Maryland Hall
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree