Three jockeys injured in Monday's five-horse pileup in the fourth race at Del Mar continued to show improvement Wednesday. Jockeys Anthony Lovato and Jose Silva could be released from Scripps La Jolla Hospital Thursday to recuperate from back injuries at home
Debonair Joe, beginning to look like one of the best claims in racing history, is probably headed for the Sunshine Millions at Santa Anita Jan. 25.
Martin Pedroza, leading rider during the current Fairplex meet at the Los Angeles County Fair in Pomona, escaped without injury following a nasty spill in the sixth race Friday, then dusted himself off and won each of the next two races.
California racing officials are examining the latest workers' compensation insurance proposal submitted by a major company, one that would significantly reduce rates paid by trainers.
The California Horse Racing Board issued a complaint against Jose Silva, the trainer of Proud Louie, after the Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory at UC Davis reported that a post-race urine sample from the horse contained hydroxymepivacaine.
Making his first start outside of races restricted to California-bred horses, Proud Tower was an impressive winner of the Hollywood Prevue Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Donegal Racing Aims for Derby Weekend Triple
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer