Three jockeys injured in Monday's five-horse pileup in the fourth race at Del Mar continued to show improvement Wednesday. Jockeys Anthony Lovato and Jose Silva could be released from Scripps La Jolla Hospital Thursday to recuperate from back injuries at home
Debonair Joe, beginning to look like one of the best claims in racing history, is probably headed for the Sunshine Millions at Santa Anita Jan. 25.
Martin Pedroza, leading rider during the current Fairplex meet at the Los Angeles County Fair in Pomona, escaped without injury following a nasty spill in the sixth race Friday, then dusted himself off and won each of the next two races.
California racing officials are examining the latest workers' compensation insurance proposal submitted by a major company, one that would significantly reduce rates paid by trainers.
The California Horse Racing Board issued a complaint against Jose Silva, the trainer of Proud Louie, after the Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory at UC Davis reported that a post-race urine sample from the horse contained hydroxymepivacaine.
Making his first start outside of races restricted to California-bred horses, Proud Tower was an impressive winner of the Hollywood Prevue Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile