Three jockeys injured in Monday's five-horse pileup in the fourth race at Del Mar continued to show improvement Wednesday. Jockeys Anthony Lovato and Jose Silva could be released from Scripps La Jolla Hospital Thursday to recuperate from back injuries at home
Debonair Joe, beginning to look like one of the best claims in racing history, is probably headed for the Sunshine Millions at Santa Anita Jan. 25.
Martin Pedroza, leading rider during the current Fairplex meet at the Los Angeles County Fair in Pomona, escaped without injury following a nasty spill in the sixth race Friday, then dusted himself off and won each of the next two races.
California racing officials are examining the latest workers' compensation insurance proposal submitted by a major company, one that would significantly reduce rates paid by trainers.
The California Horse Racing Board issued a complaint against Jose Silva, the trainer of Proud Louie, after the Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory at UC Davis reported that a post-race urine sample from the horse contained hydroxymepivacaine.
Making his first start outside of races restricted to California-bred horses, Proud Tower was an impressive winner of the Hollywood Prevue Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'