Keep Cool went gate-to-wire to spring an upset in the $100,000 Mecke Handicap on the turf Monday at Calder Race Course.
Stonehedge Farm's 6-year-old gelding Blazing Sword used a ground-saving trip under jockey Jose Rivera II to earn a one-length victory in the $250,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. Over a fast track, the Kathleen O'Connell trainee completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:50.59.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa