Keep Cool went gate-to-wire to spring an upset in the $100,000 Mecke Handicap on the turf Monday at Calder Race Course.
Stonehedge Farm's 6-year-old gelding Blazing Sword used a ground-saving trip under jockey Jose Rivera II to earn a one-length victory in the $250,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. Over a fast track, the Kathleen O'Connell trainee completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:50.59.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile