Keep Cool went gate-to-wire to spring an upset in the $100,000 Mecke Handicap on the turf Monday at Calder Race Course.
Stonehedge Farm's 6-year-old gelding Blazing Sword used a ground-saving trip under jockey Jose Rivera II to earn a one-length victory in the $250,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. Over a fast track, the Kathleen O'Connell trainee completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:50.59.
Most Popular Stories
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Day By Day
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Tamarando Tries Turf in Snow Chief Stakes
- Champion Steeplechaser Flatterer Dies at 35
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- NBC Sports Group to Air Derby, Triple Crown
- Social Inclusion Breezes, Preakness Targeted