Keep Cool went gate-to-wire to spring an upset in the $100,000 Mecke Handicap on the turf Monday at Calder Race Course.
Stonehedge Farm's 6-year-old gelding Blazing Sword used a ground-saving trip under jockey Jose Rivera II to earn a one-length victory in the $250,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington International. Over a fast track, the Kathleen O'Connell trainee completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:50.59.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast