Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races concluded its 2013 season the night of Dec. 28 with an average daily all-sources handle of $992,368, less than 1% off its record wagering average set the previous year.
Owner Mark Russell did some ducking and dodging with his 7-year-old gelding Russell Road at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort, and it paid off in an unusual way.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races reported that, for the first time in the track's 79 years of operation, average daily pari-mutuel handle topped the $1 million mark.
Charles Town trainer Ronney Brown saddled his 2,000th lifetime winner when Twenty Hawks captured the West Virginia Governor's Cup on the night of Oct. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training