The first foal sired by Eclipse Award winner English Channel is a filly born Jan. 8.
Roy, who was one of the best sires in South American history, and who secured a place in the history books by reaching the 100 mark by number of stakes winners, died Jan. 7 of a respiratory ailment at Haras La Esperanza in Argentina.
All around her in the winner's circle at Saratoga Race Course, the chanting continued. "Fly Farda Amiga. Fly Farda Amiga. Fly Farda Amiga." At that point, late in the afternoon on Aug. 17, Farda Amiga had already flown past You and Allamerican Bertie in the stretch to win the 122nd Alabama Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Wise Dan Back Under Tack March 4, 2015
- Lenny's Place: Spring Training Edition
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- Slideshow: On the Way In Uruguay
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL