Trainer Bobby Frankel couldn't have been happier that his champion Ginger Punch drew the rail for the $500,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) on April 5 at Oaklawn Park.
High Limit blew out a half-mile this morning, and his trainer Bobby Frankel, nearly blew out the colt's rider. There's nothing like a little drama to spice up a slow Wednesday morning on the backstretch, and Frankel provided today's entertainment by coming oh so close to switching riders at the last minute.
Two contenders for Saturday's Kentucky Derby (gr. I), Illinois Derby (gr. II) winner Greeley's Galaxy and Louisiana Derby (gr. II) victor High Limit, went through their final paces following the track maintenance break at Churchill Downs Wednesday.
Bobby Frankel-trained Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) contender Lundy's Liability and UAE Derby (UAE-II) hope Marenostrum arrived in Dubai Tuesday morning after a delayed flight.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress