Cash Counter Stables' Everyday Heroes returned from a brief vacation May 16 and picked up where he left off--in the winner's circle. The colt won the grade III Hirsch Jacobs Stakes on the Preakness day program.
The milestone was anticipated but it came at a totally unexpected time when jockey Jose Caraballo registered his 2,000th career victory in Wednesday's third race at Laurel Park atop longshot Yankee Gal.
An altercation in the Delaware Park jockeys' room after the eighth race July 19 has resulted in the 60-day suspension of the racetrack's second-leading rider.
Favored Play Bingo had something to prove and he did it emphatically in Saturday's $100,000 Northern Dancer Stakes at Pimlico.
The owner and trainer were nowhere to be found, but Acrolect showed up and trounced a field of Maryland-breds in today's $60,000 Challedon Stakes at Laurel Park.
On the day she is to be married, trainer Lynette Ashby won the biggest Thoroughbred race of her life with 21-1 shot Tym Beau in the $200,000 NATC Futurity at Delaware Park Saturday.
Home Run Hitter turned the tables on the overwhelming 1-20 favorite Randaroo and won the Smart Halo Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
Dennis Drazin's Tempest Fugit stole an easy lead, dictated his own pace and then had enough to out-finish his closest pursuer, Quiet Gratitude, to win the $100,000 John B. Campbell Handicap at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win