McCann's Mojave, a multiple graded stakes winner of more than $1.5 million, was euthanized due to colic Oct. 11, said Santa Anita Park publicity director Mike Willman, owner of the California-bred son of Memo.
The millionaire McCann's Mojave captured the first graded race contested on Golden Gate Field's new Tapeta Footings main track, fighting back along the inside in deep stretch to win the $150,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 17.
McCann's Mojave could have a bright future after the promising sophomore colt ran his unbeaten record to three, prevailing by a head in a $66,080 allowance race at one mile on the dirt at Santa Anita Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity