A legislative subcommittee studying expanded gambling in Kentucky has recommended a revised constitutional amendment that reduces the number of casinos permitted in the state to nine, requires local approval of some sort for all casinos, and removes dedicated percentages for gaming revenue.
- By Ryan Conley
State legislators hearing the second report by the Sales Integrity Task Force on transparency issues in the Kentucky equine auction industry expressed mixed opinions about the group's progress during a public meeting held Sept. 13 in the Lexington Room at Keeneland Race Course.
- By Ray Paulick
Horse sale legislation filed Thursday and supported by California winemaker and horseman Jess Jackson would require disclosure of ownership and medical records of horses sold at public auction in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes