A legislative subcommittee studying expanded gambling in Kentucky has recommended a revised constitutional amendment that reduces the number of casinos permitted in the state to nine, requires local approval of some sort for all casinos, and removes dedicated percentages for gaming revenue.
- By Ryan Conley
State legislators hearing the second report by the Sales Integrity Task Force on transparency issues in the Kentucky equine auction industry expressed mixed opinions about the group's progress during a public meeting held Sept. 13 in the Lexington Room at Keeneland Race Course.
- By Ray Paulick
Horse sale legislation filed Thursday and supported by California winemaker and horseman Jess Jackson would require disclosure of ownership and medical records of horses sold at public auction in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test