NBC Sports Group is lengthening its media rights partnership with Breeders' Cup through 2025 with a 10-year extension, it was announced Oct. 30.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Racing, Triple Crown, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic
NBCSN will cover four elite Thoroughbred prep races over the next two weekends leading into NBC Sports Group's exclusive coverage of the Triple Crown races, it was announced March 26.
The Jockey Club, in collaboration with the NBC Sports Group and six racetracks, will provide live coverage of six major prep races for the 2013 Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and a preview show.
NBC Sports Group picked up the contract to televise the Breeders' Cup beginning in 2012 in a four-year deal that gives it a monopoly on coverage of all major racing events.
The Jockey Club, in collaboration with the NBC Sports Group, CNBC, and six racetracks, will provide live coverage of six major preps for the 2012 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The NBC Sports family of networks will televise stakes action from Saratoga in 2012 and 2013, extending its initial agreement that saw them beam 2011 races from the Spa to a nationwide audience.
Keeneland Association and the NBC Sports Group announced Aug. 18 a partnership to broadcast "Autumn at Keeneland," live racing from Keeneland in Lexington, over two weekends this fall beginning Oct. 7 on VERSUS.
The New York Racing Association and the NBC Sports Group May 12 announced a partnership to broadcast "Summer at Saratoga," live racing from Saratoga Springs, N.Y., over seven weekends beginning July 23.
On the lavish fourth floor of the Jockey Club Suites, two days prior to the Run for the Roses at Churchill Downs, representatives of the World Games 2010 Foundation announced NBC as the official network broadcast partner for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, which will be held at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington Sept. 25-Oct. 10, 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Ramseys Earn Record 15th Keeneland Title
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing
- Kitten's Point Surges Late to Claim Bewitch