The Jockey Club, in collaboration with the NBC Sports Group and six racetracks, will provide live coverage of six major prep races for the 2013 Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and a preview show.
NBC Sports Group picked up the contract to televise the Breeders' Cup beginning in 2012 in a four-year deal that gives it a monopoly on coverage of all major racing events.
The Jockey Club, in collaboration with the NBC Sports Group, CNBC, and six racetracks, will provide live coverage of six major preps for the 2012 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The NBC Sports family of networks will televise stakes action from Saratoga in 2012 and 2013, extending its initial agreement that saw them beam 2011 races from the Spa to a nationwide audience.
Keeneland Association and the NBC Sports Group announced Aug. 18 a partnership to broadcast "Autumn at Keeneland," live racing from Keeneland in Lexington, over two weekends this fall beginning Oct. 7 on VERSUS.
The New York Racing Association and the NBC Sports Group May 12 announced a partnership to broadcast "Summer at Saratoga," live racing from Saratoga Springs, N.Y., over seven weekends beginning July 23.
On the lavish fourth floor of the Jockey Club Suites, two days prior to the Run for the Roses at Churchill Downs, representatives of the World Games 2010 Foundation announced NBC as the official network broadcast partner for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, which will be held at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington Sept. 25-Oct. 10, 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell