Total wagering during the four-day Kentucky Downs meet that ended Sept. 20 rose 14%, with a 4% increase in on-track handle at the all-turf track in Franklin, Ky.
Kentucky Downs concluded what became a three-day meet with declines in total pari-mutuel handle.
Kentucky Downs is gearing up to host its live race season this September. The southern Kentucky track's fall meet will include six days of turf contests from Sept. 13-23.
Most Popular Stories
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Historical Gains in Kentucky
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale