Brian Pitnick grinned widely as he stood under a television monitor in the Bay Meadows clubhouse the evening of April 11.
Nearly three decades ago, Arlene Phillips predicted she wouldn't leave horse racing any time soon. At age 83 and much too young to hang it up, Phillips continues to breed, own, and train Thoroughbreds despite her advanced age.
InCompass Solutions has purchased the racing office business from IMS Racing of Billings, Mont., according to a company announcement.
Diabolical will seek his first graded stakes win when he heads to the post for the Emirates Airlines Maryland Breeders' Cup Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico on the Preakness (gr. I) undercard on Saturday. The three-time stakes-winning son of Artax will face seven opponents, including five stakes winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Despite Challenges, Gulfstream West Steady
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November