Lonesome Street and jockey Joel Rosario took advantage of a hotly contested early pace to rally from last to first for a decisive victory in the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland April 14.
Jon and Sarah Kelly went to $650,000 at the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 14 to purchase a colt by Tapit--Don'tellmichelle, by Regal Classic, from the consignment of Gainesway Farm.
Radiant Ring, a Canadian Broodmare of the Year, was euthanized May 3 at age 23 because of complications from old age.
Odds-on choice Vacare gave trainer Christophe Clement his 1,000th lifetime win in her final career start when she rallied in the homestretch to win the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (g. IIT) on closing day of the Hollywood Park Autumn Meet Dec. 21.
Given a patient ride by Corey Nakatani, favored Vacare bounced back from a couple of sub-par efforts this year to win the $200,000 Palomar Handicap (gr. IIT) in a close three-horse finish over the Del Mar turf course Sept. 30.
Trainer Christophe Clement took two of four stakes events on the card during Calder Race Course's inaugural Turf Million day, including the $400,000 Calder Derby (gr. IIIT) with Jon and Sarah Kelly's 3-year-old Sporting Art.
Bright Abundance won her third straight on Belmont Park's Widener Turf Course Saturday, a half-length victory over favored My Lordship in the $150,000 Noble Damsel Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at a mile.
Canadian champion Magic Code and grade II turf winner Lady at Peace have been retired from racing and are booked to major Central Kentucky stallions.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe