Last year's 2-year-old champion filly and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Fillies (gr. I) winner won at her fifth different racetrack and captured her fourth graded stakes.
Unbeaten 2-year-old filly champion Indian Blessing and the impressive grade I winner Country Star head a strong roster of 3-year-old fillies listed as wagering interests in the first of three pools of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager.
The four ungraded $100,000 stakes races at Fair Grounds' "Road to the Derby Kickoff Day" were all about gate-to-wire wins and solid payoffs, as all but one of the winners paid more than $10 while setting or contesting the pace to do so at the Louisiana track Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Ramseys, Brown, Castellano Top Penn Standings
- Slideshow: Kelso: 5 Time HOY 50th Anniversary
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Lemon Drop Kid and Bill Farish
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California