Last year's 2-year-old champion filly and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Fillies (gr. I) winner won at her fifth different racetrack and captured her fourth graded stakes.
Unbeaten 2-year-old filly champion Indian Blessing and the impressive grade I winner Country Star head a strong roster of 3-year-old fillies listed as wagering interests in the first of three pools of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager.
The four ungraded $100,000 stakes races at Fair Grounds' "Road to the Derby Kickoff Day" were all about gate-to-wire wins and solid payoffs, as all but one of the winners paid more than $10 while setting or contesting the pace to do so at the Louisiana track Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains