Last year's 2-year-old champion filly and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Fillies (gr. I) winner won at her fifth different racetrack and captured her fourth graded stakes.
Unbeaten 2-year-old filly champion Indian Blessing and the impressive grade I winner Country Star head a strong roster of 3-year-old fillies listed as wagering interests in the first of three pools of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager.
The four ungraded $100,000 stakes races at Fair Grounds' "Road to the Derby Kickoff Day" were all about gate-to-wire wins and solid payoffs, as all but one of the winners paid more than $10 while setting or contesting the pace to do so at the Louisiana track Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glen Falls
- Isabella Sings Tuned for Boiling Springs
- Ageless, Living The Life Return for Masters
- Suffolk Superintendent Steven Pini Dies at 63
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Azar Captures With Anticipation Stakes
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team