Last year's 2-year-old champion filly and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Fillies (gr. I) winner won at her fifth different racetrack and captured her fourth graded stakes.
Unbeaten 2-year-old filly champion Indian Blessing and the impressive grade I winner Country Star head a strong roster of 3-year-old fillies listed as wagering interests in the first of three pools of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager.
The four ungraded $100,000 stakes races at Fair Grounds' "Road to the Derby Kickoff Day" were all about gate-to-wire wins and solid payoffs, as all but one of the winners paid more than $10 while setting or contesting the pace to do so at the Louisiana track Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa