Last year's 2-year-old champion filly and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Fillies (gr. I) winner won at her fifth different racetrack and captured her fourth graded stakes.
Unbeaten 2-year-old filly champion Indian Blessing and the impressive grade I winner Country Star head a strong roster of 3-year-old fillies listed as wagering interests in the first of three pools of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager.
The four ungraded $100,000 stakes races at Fair Grounds' "Road to the Derby Kickoff Day" were all about gate-to-wire wins and solid payoffs, as all but one of the winners paid more than $10 while setting or contesting the pace to do so at the Louisiana track Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY