Last year's 2-year-old champion filly and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Fillies (gr. I) winner won at her fifth different racetrack and captured her fourth graded stakes.
Unbeaten 2-year-old filly champion Indian Blessing and the impressive grade I winner Country Star head a strong roster of 3-year-old fillies listed as wagering interests in the first of three pools of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager.
The four ungraded $100,000 stakes races at Fair Grounds' "Road to the Derby Kickoff Day" were all about gate-to-wire wins and solid payoffs, as all but one of the winners paid more than $10 while setting or contesting the pace to do so at the Louisiana track Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf