Last year's 2-year-old champion filly and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Fillies (gr. I) winner won at her fifth different racetrack and captured her fourth graded stakes.
Unbeaten 2-year-old filly champion Indian Blessing and the impressive grade I winner Country Star head a strong roster of 3-year-old fillies listed as wagering interests in the first of three pools of Churchill Downs' 2008 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager.
The four ungraded $100,000 stakes races at Fair Grounds' "Road to the Derby Kickoff Day" were all about gate-to-wire wins and solid payoffs, as all but one of the winners paid more than $10 while setting or contesting the pace to do so at the Louisiana track Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends