Under a patient ride by jockey Jose Santos, Charge d'Affaires split horses in the stretch and bested Ladies Din in a race to the wire to win the $500,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Hollywood Park. Native Desert closed for third. Super Quercus was fourth, and Manndar fifth.
Relatively Stable's Sign of Hope came off the rail in the stretch and rallied to catch pacesetter David Copperfield three jumps from the wire to win the $250,000 Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) Saturday at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. Under a well-timed ride from Alex Solis, Sign of Hope completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:47.71 over firm turf.
Walkslikeaduck won the Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Derby (gr. IIIT) by two lengths Saturday, establishing a course and stakes record in the process. In his most recent race prior to Saturday, the 3-year-old Patrick Gallagher trainee equaled the Del Mar turf course record for 1 1/8 miles while winning the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) in stakes-record time.
Walkslikeaduck will makes his first start since equaling the Del Mar turf course record for 1 1/8 miles when he starts as the 122-pound highweight in the $150,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Derby (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014