New York-based trainer Chad Brown celebrated his 1,000th win Aug 24 when heavily favored Mr Maybe won the $100,000 John's Call Stakes at Saratoga Race Course.
- By Vic Zast
Everything that makes Saratoga incomparable was available -- from inspirational horse racing to irrational pleasures such as faux diamond rings. Read Blog
Evening Attire, the 10-year-old gelding who qualified for a starting berth to the inaugural running of the Breeders' Cup Marathon by winning the Greenwood Cup by 8 1/4 lengths at Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack in July, will be entered as a main-track-only participant for the $80,000 John's Call Stakes at Saratoga Aug. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory