Tally-Ho Stud in Westmeath, Ireland, and Cornerstone Stud in Angaston, South Australia, have reached an agreement under which freshman sire Zebedee will shuttle to Cornerstone beginning in 2015.
Sustained demand in all segments of the market was the hallmark of the Arqana breeding stock sale, Europe's final major auction of 2013, which ended its four-day stand Dec. 10 with record figures for the second straight year.
Darysina, a Kentucky-bred daughter of Smart Strike, sold Dec. 7 for $1,096,446, the highest price on opening day of the Arqana breeding stock sale.
Each plans to operate his own bloodstock agency in England.
The Tattersalls December Breeding Stock sale lost considerable momentum on Wednesday, when gross sales fell 47% but overall the sale is still quite strong.
Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) runner-up Summitville (GB) (Grand Lodge) led Wednesday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Sale when bought by Japanese breeder Katsumi Yoshida of Northern Farm for 450,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85