A pair of 3-year-olds offered in close succession during day two of the Arqana summer sale July 2 each sold for the sale-topping price of â‚¬380,000 (US$ 421,560), a record price for the two-day auction.
Tally-Ho Stud in Westmeath, Ireland, and Cornerstone Stud in Angaston, South Australia, have reached an agreement under which freshman sire Zebedee will shuttle to Cornerstone beginning in 2015.
Sustained demand in all segments of the market was the hallmark of the Arqana breeding stock sale, Europe's final major auction of 2013, which ended its four-day stand Dec. 10 with record figures for the second straight year.
Darysina, a Kentucky-bred daughter of Smart Strike, sold Dec. 7 for $1,096,446, the highest price on opening day of the Arqana breeding stock sale.
Each plans to operate his own bloodstock agency in England.
The Tattersalls December Breeding Stock sale lost considerable momentum on Wednesday, when gross sales fell 47% but overall the sale is still quite strong.
Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) runner-up Summitville (GB) (Grand Lodge) led Wednesday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Sale when bought by Japanese breeder Katsumi Yoshida of Northern Farm for 450,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended