Sustained demand in all segments of the market was the hallmark of the Arqana breeding stock sale, Europe's final major auction of 2013, which ended its four-day stand Dec. 10 with record figures for the second straight year.
Darysina, a Kentucky-bred daughter of Smart Strike, sold Dec. 7 for $1,096,446, the highest price on opening day of the Arqana breeding stock sale.
Each plans to operate his own bloodstock agency in England.
The Tattersalls December Breeding Stock sale lost considerable momentum on Wednesday, when gross sales fell 47% but overall the sale is still quite strong.
Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) runner-up Summitville (GB) (Grand Lodge) led Wednesday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Sale when bought by Japanese breeder Katsumi Yoshida of Northern Farm for 450,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars