A pair of 3-year-olds offered in close succession during day two of the Arqana summer sale July 2 each sold for the sale-topping price of â‚¬380,000 (US$ 421,560), a record price for the two-day auction.
Tally-Ho Stud in Westmeath, Ireland, and Cornerstone Stud in Angaston, South Australia, have reached an agreement under which freshman sire Zebedee will shuttle to Cornerstone beginning in 2015.
Sustained demand in all segments of the market was the hallmark of the Arqana breeding stock sale, Europe's final major auction of 2013, which ended its four-day stand Dec. 10 with record figures for the second straight year.
Darysina, a Kentucky-bred daughter of Smart Strike, sold Dec. 7 for $1,096,446, the highest price on opening day of the Arqana breeding stock sale.
Each plans to operate his own bloodstock agency in England.
The Tattersalls December Breeding Stock sale lost considerable momentum on Wednesday, when gross sales fell 47% but overall the sale is still quite strong.
Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) runner-up Summitville (GB) (Grand Lodge) led Wednesday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Sale when bought by Japanese breeder Katsumi Yoshida of Northern Farm for 450,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded