Jockey Joe Steiner rode his 1,000th career winner April 19 at Emerald Downs.
Jockey Perry Ouzts joined an elite group of riders Sept. 29 when he piloted Thomas McCann's Tanner Me Boy to a two-length victory to notch his 6,000th career win at Turfway Park.
An effort is being made to disinter Hall of Famer Noor and transfer the horse's remains to Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky. read blog
Retired trainer Eric J. Longden, son of Hall of Fame jockey Johnny Longden, died Nov. 8 at his Carlsbad, Calif., home.
By Morton Cathro - Racing is full of unlikely scenarios, few of which have been more unlikely than the one featuring Hollywood screenwriter Ethel Hill and War Knight, the Thoroughbred she called "Tuffy."
March 29, 1969
Majestic Prince in the Santa Anita Derby
Funeral services for Johnny Longden will be held Feb. 24 at the Church of the Good Shepherd
Retired conditioner Vance Longden, who used his Hall of Fame father, Johnny Longden, to ride in some of the nation's biggest races, died Jan. 6
Radio pioneer Bill Garr, the first to host a racing show from the stable area, will be honored Friday at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year