Jockey Perry Ouzts joined an elite group of riders Sept. 29 when he piloted Thomas McCann's Tanner Me Boy to a two-length victory to notch his 6,000th career win at Turfway Park.
An effort is being made to disinter Hall of Famer Noor and transfer the horse's remains to Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky. read blog
Retired trainer Eric J. Longden, son of Hall of Fame jockey Johnny Longden, died Nov. 8 at his Carlsbad, Calif., home.
By Morton Cathro - Racing is full of unlikely scenarios, few of which have been more unlikely than the one featuring Hollywood screenwriter Ethel Hill and War Knight, the Thoroughbred she called "Tuffy."
March 29, 1969
Majestic Prince in the Santa Anita Derby
Funeral services for Johnny Longden will be held Feb. 24 at the Church of the Good Shepherd
Retired conditioner Vance Longden, who used his Hall of Fame father, Johnny Longden, to ride in some of the nation's biggest races, died Jan. 6
Radio pioneer Bill Garr, the first to host a racing show from the stable area, will be honored Friday at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees