Jockey Joe Steiner rode his 1,000th career winner April 19 at Emerald Downs.
Jockey Perry Ouzts joined an elite group of riders Sept. 29 when he piloted Thomas McCann's Tanner Me Boy to a two-length victory to notch his 6,000th career win at Turfway Park.
An effort is being made to disinter Hall of Famer Noor and transfer the horse's remains to Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky. read blog
Retired trainer Eric J. Longden, son of Hall of Fame jockey Johnny Longden, died Nov. 8 at his Carlsbad, Calif., home.
By Morton Cathro - Racing is full of unlikely scenarios, few of which have been more unlikely than the one featuring Hollywood screenwriter Ethel Hill and War Knight, the Thoroughbred she called "Tuffy."
March 29, 1969
Majestic Prince in the Santa Anita Derby
Funeral services for Johnny Longden will be held Feb. 24 at the Church of the Good Shepherd
Retired conditioner Vance Longden, who used his Hall of Fame father, Johnny Longden, to ride in some of the nation's biggest races, died Jan. 6
Radio pioneer Bill Garr, the first to host a racing show from the stable area, will be honored Friday at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette