Country music superstar Toby Keith's undefeated homebred Cactus Ridge will enter stud in 2004 at John T.L. Jones' Walmac International. The son of Hennessy will stand for $6,500.
When 2-year-old colts win stakes, do so in good times, and most importantly are owned by persons who aren't in the breeding end of the game, you can be sure farms that stand stallions are lining up to make offers. Several offers were made to purchase an interest in track record setter Leelanau, with Johnny Jones of Walmac International near Lexington buying a one-third interest and having an option to purchase another third.
Most Popular Stories
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes