Country music superstar Toby Keith's undefeated homebred Cactus Ridge will enter stud in 2004 at John T.L. Jones' Walmac International. The son of Hennessy will stand for $6,500.
When 2-year-old colts win stakes, do so in good times, and most importantly are owned by persons who aren't in the breeding end of the game, you can be sure farms that stand stallions are lining up to make offers. Several offers were made to purchase an interest in track record setter Leelanau, with Johnny Jones of Walmac International near Lexington buying a one-third interest and having an option to purchase another third.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- The Devil You Say
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint