Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher confirm that their star filly, Devil May Care, will be entered only in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and not cross-entered in the Oaks (gr. I).
Eskendereya, favored for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will not run in the May 1 classic due to a slight filling in his left front leg, according to Todd Pletcher.
Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher are still unsure whether Devil May Care will run in the Oaks or Derby after her 1:00 1/5 drill Saturday morning in the slop at Churchill Downs
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out