Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher confirm that their star filly, Devil May Care, will be entered only in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and not cross-entered in the Oaks (gr. I).
Eskendereya, favored for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will not run in the May 1 classic due to a slight filling in his left front leg, according to Todd Pletcher.
Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher are still unsure whether Devil May Care will run in the Oaks or Derby after her 1:00 1/5 drill Saturday morning in the slop at Churchill Downs
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes