Hallowed Dreams, who equaled a modern day record by winning her first 16 races, produced her first foal, a Tirade colt, Jan. 13 for Johnny Gaspard and Lloyd J. Romero at the latter's farm near Erath, La.
Hallowed Dreams, the speed-happy Louisiana-bred female that drew national attention when she won her first 16 starts, has been retired according to trainer and co-owner Lloyd Romero.
Hallowed Dreams, the darling of Louisiana who has lost only once in 23 career starts, is expected to compete Saturday in the $75,000 Miller Lite Stakes at five furlongs on the turf at Lone Star Park.
Hallowed Dreams will attempt to set the modern-day Thoroughbred record of 17 consecutive wins Saturday when she races against four rivals in the $35,000 Millennium Stakes at Evangeline Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- First Reported Winner for Pleasant Strike
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion