Hallowed Dreams, who equaled a modern day record by winning her first 16 races, produced her first foal, a Tirade colt, Jan. 13 for Johnny Gaspard and Lloyd J. Romero at the latter's farm near Erath, La.
Hallowed Dreams, the speed-happy Louisiana-bred female that drew national attention when she won her first 16 starts, has been retired according to trainer and co-owner Lloyd Romero.
Hallowed Dreams, the darling of Louisiana who has lost only once in 23 career starts, is expected to compete Saturday in the $75,000 Miller Lite Stakes at five furlongs on the turf at Lone Star Park.
Hallowed Dreams will attempt to set the modern-day Thoroughbred record of 17 consecutive wins Saturday when she races against four rivals in the $35,000 Millennium Stakes at Evangeline Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: Behavior
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth