Hallowed Dreams, who equaled a modern day record by winning her first 16 races, produced her first foal, a Tirade colt, Jan. 13 for Johnny Gaspard and Lloyd J. Romero at the latter's farm near Erath, La.
Hallowed Dreams, the speed-happy Louisiana-bred female that drew national attention when she won her first 16 starts, has been retired according to trainer and co-owner Lloyd Romero.
Hallowed Dreams, the darling of Louisiana who has lost only once in 23 career starts, is expected to compete Saturday in the $75,000 Miller Lite Stakes at five furlongs on the turf at Lone Star Park.
Hallowed Dreams will attempt to set the modern-day Thoroughbred record of 17 consecutive wins Saturday when she races against four rivals in the $35,000 Millennium Stakes at Evangeline Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark