Hallowed Dreams, who equaled a modern day record by winning her first 16 races, produced her first foal, a Tirade colt, Jan. 13 for Johnny Gaspard and Lloyd J. Romero at the latter's farm near Erath, La.
Hallowed Dreams, the speed-happy Louisiana-bred female that drew national attention when she won her first 16 starts, has been retired according to trainer and co-owner Lloyd Romero.
Hallowed Dreams, the darling of Louisiana who has lost only once in 23 career starts, is expected to compete Saturday in the $75,000 Miller Lite Stakes at five furlongs on the turf at Lone Star Park.
Hallowed Dreams will attempt to set the modern-day Thoroughbred record of 17 consecutive wins Saturday when she races against four rivals in the $35,000 Millennium Stakes at Evangeline Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies