Good Ba Ba made history at Sha Tin on Dec. 13 when capturing a dramatic win in the HK$16 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) for an unprecedented third time in a row.
Andreas Schutz confessed to feeling ill to the point of vomiting when Jockey Club stipendiary steward Kenneth Kwok contacted him in Europe to notify him about the pending transfer of champion Good Ba Ba from his stable.
Champion Good Ba Ba, Hong Kong's highest rated horse, will be moved to the Derek Cruz stable from Andreas Schutz on Aug. 10.
Good Ba Ba emphatically confirmed his status as the world's number one older miler at Sha Tin Jan. 23, but even a $5 million purse in Dubai and a $1 million bonus incentive will not tempt trainer Andreas Schutz and owner John Yuen Se-kit to prove it on the world stage.
Good Ba Ba produced a devastating surge to win the Dec. 14 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin for the second straight year, leaving his jockey Christophe Soumillon to declare that he was the best miler in the world. That's even harder to dispute when it was confirmed the phenomenal winning time of 1:32.71 was a track record.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach