Multiple group I winner Al Kazeem will retire at the end of this year to stand at the Royal Studs for the 2014 breeding season, as reported Sept. 18 by the Racing Post.
Actor Hugh Bonneville, who plays Lord Grantham in the popular television drama Downton Abbey, has become the latest high-profile owner with the leading European partnership group Highclere Thoroughbred Racing.
Ed Sackville has joined Lillingston Bloodstock and is based at its new office in Hungerford, England. He replaces Rachel Boffey and will specialize in broodmares, stallions, yearling purchases, and bloodstock portfolio management.
Great Britain's premier yearling auction, part one of Tattersalls' October sale, got off to a solid start in Newmarket Oct. 9 when Coolmore principal John Magnier paid the top price of 500,000 guineas (about $1,067,000) for the very last lot offered.
English champion and classic winner Motivator has been relieved of stallion duty for the rest of the year after slipping in his paddock at The Royal Studs at Sandringham in England.
Motivator, this year's winner of the Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I), will be syndicated to stand at Queen Elizabeth II's Royal Studs at Sandringham, Norfolk, England.
International champion Ipi Tombe produced her first foal, a colt by Sadler's Wells, Feb. 25 at John and Lady Carolyn Warren's Highclere Stud in Berks County in England.
Agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, outbid agent John Warren to acquire a Dubai Millennium colt for 1.2-million Euros (about $1,373,965) to top the opening session of the Goff's Orby Sale in Ireland on Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76
- Maryland-Based Owner Heft Dies at 94