In the first agreement of its kind between a racetrack and racing contest site, DerbyWars will contribute revenue to Hawthorne Race Course and Illinois horsemen.
Advance deposit wagering provider Xpressbet will be the sponsor of the Illinois Derby, set to run April 19 at Hawthorne Race Course.
Racing executives indicated Oct. 9 there is little chance of the Thoroughbred racing industry developing a comprehensive analysis of lower pari-mutuel takeout rates.
Management at Hawthorne Race Course announced that its Pick 6 takeout -- the percentage of the wagering pool that is withheld by the state -- has been reduced to 16% for the 2007 spring meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby