Trainer John Wallace purchased the two highest-priced lots June 9 during the opening session of the Magic Millions national yearling sale on Australia's Gold Coast. He went to Aust$220,000 (approximately $173,991) to secure a Flying Spur Graceful Lily colt, which was consigned by Vinery Stud. He also purchased an Encosta de Lago Major Drama filly for Aust$145,000 ($114,676) from Coolmore Stud.
John Wallace and Ron Armstrong's Sir Fidgity edged Persuaggle by a nose in a game stretch run of Saturday's $118,575 Jim Edgar Illinois Futurity.
Applicant, a 4-year-old winning son of Anabaa brought $85,000 (approximately $62,611 in U.S. funds) to top the December mixed sale conducted by William Inglis & Son on December 5 at Oaklands in Australia.
Stakes producer Debby's Turn, whose 13 career stakes wins included four in a little over a month, was euthanized July 24
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci