Trainer John Wallace purchased the two highest-priced lots June 9 during the opening session of the Magic Millions national yearling sale on Australia's Gold Coast. He went to Aust$220,000 (approximately $173,991) to secure a Flying Spur Graceful Lily colt, which was consigned by Vinery Stud. He also purchased an Encosta de Lago Major Drama filly for Aust$145,000 ($114,676) from Coolmore Stud.
John Wallace and Ron Armstrong's Sir Fidgity edged Persuaggle by a nose in a game stretch run of Saturday's $118,575 Jim Edgar Illinois Futurity.
Applicant, a 4-year-old winning son of Anabaa brought $85,000 (approximately $62,611 in U.S. funds) to top the December mixed sale conducted by William Inglis & Son on December 5 at Oaklands in Australia.
Stakes producer Debby's Turn, whose 13 career stakes wins included four in a little over a month, was euthanized July 24
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence