Trainer John Wallace purchased the two highest-priced lots June 9 during the opening session of the Magic Millions national yearling sale on Australia's Gold Coast. He went to Aust$220,000 (approximately $173,991) to secure a Flying Spur Graceful Lily colt, which was consigned by Vinery Stud. He also purchased an Encosta de Lago Major Drama filly for Aust$145,000 ($114,676) from Coolmore Stud.
John Wallace and Ron Armstrong's Sir Fidgity edged Persuaggle by a nose in a game stretch run of Saturday's $118,575 Jim Edgar Illinois Futurity.
Applicant, a 4-year-old winning son of Anabaa brought $85,000 (approximately $62,611 in U.S. funds) to top the December mixed sale conducted by William Inglis & Son on December 5 at Oaklands in Australia.
Stakes producer Debby's Turn, whose 13 career stakes wins included four in a little over a month, was euthanized July 24
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Zayat Calls Gambling Debt Lawsuit Extortion
- Zayat Sells Stud Rights to American Pharoah
- Ashleyluvssugar Takes Aim at Whittingham
- CHRB Discusses Los Al at Monthly Meeting
- Beholder Working Again After Illness
- Louisville 'Cap Draws Nine, 'Harbor' on Fence
- It's High Time First Winner for Gone Astray