In less than a week, 5-year-old Animal Kingdom, winner of the 2011 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and the Dubai World Cup (gr. I), will start in the Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot.
This year's Kentucky Derby contenders are so evenly matched, there is a good possibility the winner will be determined by who gets the best trip and/or the best ride. read blog
Stuart Janney III's homebred Hymn Book tallied the biggest win of his career Feb. 11 at Gulfstream Park, roaring down the center of the track and outlasting Mission Impazible to take the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I).
Dogwood Stable's Aikenite took the grade II Churchill Downs Stakes by a nose over Apriority.
- By Vic Zast
Front-runners scampered home first in all but one of six races run on the sloppy track. Read Blog
In an effort to raise money for The Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund and the Race Track Chaplaincy of New York, the groups have organized a basketball game between members of the Saratoga jockey colony and New York horsemen.
- by Terese Karmel Family members are always doing something special for each other, but perhaps trainer Leo O'Brien's selfless act for his son, Keith, is beyond the call of duty.
Pool Land established an early lead from her inside post and then dusted her four rivals in the stretch for a 12-length victory in the $107,300 Doubledogdare Wednesday at Keeneland.
A little more than a year after breaking her maiden first out at Belmont, Melhor Ainda will start as the favorite in Saturday's $750,000 Flower Bowl Invitational (gr. I) at 11 furlongs on the turf at the New York track.
John Velazquez will be aboard Kitten's Joy in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) at Lone Star Park even though the colt's regular rider, Hall of Famer Jerry Bailey, will be back in action after suffering a broken wrist in September.
You passes a demanding Test over Carson Hollow, highlight of a photo finish-filled weekend at the Spa.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days