Los Alamitos Racing Association, in partnership with the California-based insurance brokerage firm Bolton & Company, will offer a $1 million bonus tied to the new $500,000 Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II) July 5.
The Jockeys' Guild, as part of its annual meeting in Tucson, Ariz., was advised of ways it can work within the racing industry to promote riders and push for their causes in the regulatory arena.
The Jockeys' Guild will conduct its annual Assembly Dec. 7-8 at the Westin La Paloma Resort in Tucson, Arizona. The meeting is being held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2009 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull