Finish Line Farms' Just a Lion gave trainer Juan Serey an extra celebration following his victory at Monmouth Park Oct. 17.
Former assistant racing director at Pimlico Race Course was an industry legend for promoting and transforming the Preakness Stakes.
Trainer Eddie Plesa, Jr. saddled four winners from five starters at Calder on Friday.
Groom Tom Wade, 43, cared for and lived with Seattle Slew for more than 20 years. He shared his thoughts of the great horse with The Blood-Horse features editor Lenny Shulman.
Eaglestone Farm's Alannan scored an impressive four-length victory in the $270,750 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes at odds of 17-1. The race marked the first time the 5-year-old Conquistador Cielo horse has started since being transferred from the barn of the late John Tammaro II to Carl Nafzger.
Although the family of missing trainer John Tammaro Jr. has not given up hope, the city of Hallandale Beach Police Department has had little success in its search for the 75-year-old. "The investigation continues," said police spokesman Andy Kasper, "But we haven't come across anything yet."
Police in South Florida are investigating the disappearance of well-known trainer John Tammaro Jr., who was reported missing by his daughter on Sunday, Feb. 25. Tammaro was last seen leaving Gulfstream Park about 10 a.m. that day by track security officers who later told police detectives Tammaro "didn't look well."
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses