Finish Line Farms' Just a Lion gave trainer Juan Serey an extra celebration following his victory at Monmouth Park Oct. 17.
Former assistant racing director at Pimlico Race Course was an industry legend for promoting and transforming the Preakness Stakes.
Trainer Eddie Plesa, Jr. saddled four winners from five starters at Calder on Friday.
Groom Tom Wade, 43, cared for and lived with Seattle Slew for more than 20 years. He shared his thoughts of the great horse with The Blood-Horse features editor Lenny Shulman.
Eaglestone Farm's Alannan scored an impressive four-length victory in the $270,750 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes at odds of 17-1. The race marked the first time the 5-year-old Conquistador Cielo horse has started since being transferred from the barn of the late John Tammaro II to Carl Nafzger.
Although the family of missing trainer John Tammaro Jr. has not given up hope, the city of Hallandale Beach Police Department has had little success in its search for the 75-year-old. "The investigation continues," said police spokesman Andy Kasper, "But we haven't come across anything yet."
Police in South Florida are investigating the disappearance of well-known trainer John Tammaro Jr., who was reported missing by his daughter on Sunday, Feb. 25. Tammaro was last seen leaving Gulfstream Park about 10 a.m. that day by track security officers who later told police detectives Tammaro "didn't look well."
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Kentucky Oaks Attracts 154 Nominees